View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
Loud Al OP

Oddometer: 3,894
A quick trip to Big Sur

I decided to meet up with some inmates in Big Sur, since it was about a thousand miles one way I decided to make it two days down, two day riding with my friends, two days home.

Here I am ready to go the night before

The next day dawned mostly crappy so I set out in the rain. I decided to bomb down I-5 looking for some better weather. About 20 miles in I found that my rain gear wasn't working so well, since I had left at 6:30 AM there weren't a lot of options on where to get some rain gear. I toughed it out to the closest Walmart and bought some rubber rain gear, for less than 10 bucks.

After about 50 miles on the freeway I noticed that my new rain gear was flapping in the breeze quite well. I stopped to get gas about 100 miles later and the entire back of the jacket was just shredded. Since it was a decent hour I was able to swing into Bi-Mart and great a much heavier PVC jacket for $19

I hadn't pulled out my camera because of the rain, I did have a nice ride over Happy Camp road and by the time I got to Eureka the weather was clearing up. I headed to the lost coast and was finally able to pull out the camera.

You can see the shadows are getting long and I still have quite a ways to go tonight.

I got to Petrolia just as the store was closing, I was able to load up on water and ice cream.

I liked the light on the church

Just a couple of miles from camp and the sun is gone

I set up camp in the dark, had a snack and hit the sack. I knew I would be up before sunrise in the morning and my plan was kickstand up before daybreak.

Allan
Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote