View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 05:12 AM   #72
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
sometimes i'm not sure there is anyone out there...............anyone at all...................out there.........
i put this pic in just to see if anyone is paying attention..........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............ .what if i'm right.........what if i'm all alone......!!!
just one of a spin i took round parts of the great county of donegal in the north west of this wee country............last saturday

it could be that in later times aliens will find the great www.advrider.com and learn many things about the long since extinct race that worshipped the motorcycle and wrote many strange words in praise of this primitive mechanical device.....................!!!
and back to the story in hand............!!
well............Croatia, specifically Opatija had been a bit of a balls for me...............so i loaded up and headed away...........i headed west and north.........it was gettin time to meander homewardish..................!!
some great roads along the Slovenian border and it was a good sunny morning..........it had taken forever to even get out of Opatija cos every f**kin road out seemed closed for roadworks which further diminished my love for this town.
eventually i pulled off the road onto some tracks just to improve my mood............

some of the tracks were mighty fun and even the tractor and farmer (me) had a ball................eventually came across an old straw hat i had left hanging here many moons previously...........it was in sorry shape though

after some good time i got back on the road................very good surface and a perfect day.

i actually did see some deer but all i got a picture of was this.

i could not believe that there was a sign with instructions on how to light forest fires.............!

so i went along quietly, thinking to myself, and soon i was across the border and back into Italia..............i skirted round Trieste and had in mind to stop at a wee town called Sistiana...................don't know why...............it looked ok on the map when i was planning this spin.
eventually I pulled over at a sign for Castello Miromare and was very impressed by this strapping man with his bicycle...........he was doing some sort of holy ride for jesus and mary and such...............i couldn't get chatting him as he was saying prayers the whole time so i just nodded politely towards him and went on my way.
before riding on i took a few pics, the whole time all i could hear was the quiet chant of the prayers in the background, it was soothing before it got annoying, before it got irritating, before it got maddening................

i'm guessing this is some sort of mussel/shell farming technique....?

tower of babel...........??

the bollix on the bike was going off on one by now shouting and jumping around as if he'd been stung by a wasp (maybe he was stung by a wasp) so i just left him there with his bike and his mary and his jesus and his flag.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................!!
mka is offline   Reply With Quote