View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #101
Reidy008 OP
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 2,068
Finding friends

After 15 or so minutes of waiting to see if anyone would arrive where I was I started to make plans for moving forward. For quite some time now I have been using the Scala G4 and what a great device this is. The speakers and mic in my helmet are just what I needed as the phone rang and it was AZRedline letting me know he might be lost. After some time trying to get his location off his gps and me trying to input it into mine we decided to just go with land marks and I would ride to his location. After using the horizon and land formations along with some trail features and a lone water tank I was able to ride to his location a few miles away. Not long after meeting up the phone went off again and it was 4Play letting us know he was solo and not sure where we were but he was on the trail somewhere. We felt sure he was ahead of us as he had ridden for quite a while before retreating to see if anyone was coming and as soon as we got around the first corner he could hear the bikes and come to find out we were not more than 500 yards away from each other. Now in pitch dark we moved AZRedline to the front as his light isn't the best and started heading toward the meetup point with YBRacing.

I stopped a border patrol guy in a 4*4 also in the middle of nowhere and let him know about our Julio situation and if he saw him to let him know we had headed to Patagonia. Just minutes after that we stopped to call YBRacing and let him know we were moving all be it 2 hours late toward him and while we were talking I got a message from Julio that he had followed the tracks the wrong way and had ridden back to the hwy from once we came and was going to ride the blacktop around to Patagonia as his headlight also sucked.

It would seem that we were now gathering some momentum toward getting everyone to the over night location and after a short time we had met up with YB and were on our way to meet up with everyone else.

Got to love it guys...... The pizza was great and the soda cold and the stories of the day were awesome. Now we get to do it all over again tomorrow. Life is good
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote