View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #102
4play
Next?

Oddometer: 2,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy008 View Post
After 15 or so minutes of waiting to see if anyone would arrive where I was I started to make plans for moving forward. For quite some time now I have been using the Scala G4 and what a great device this is. The speakers and mic in my helmet are just what I needed as the phone rang and it was AZRedline letting me know he might be lost. After some time trying to get his location off his gps and me trying to input it into mine we decided to just go with land marks and I would ride to his location. After using the horizon and land formations along with some trail features and a lone water tank I was able to ride to his location a few miles away. Not long after meeting up the phone went off again and it was 4Play letting us know he was solo and not sure where we were but he was on the trail somewhere. We felt sure he was ahead of us as he had ridden for quite a while before retreating to see if anyone was coming and as soon as we got around the first corner he could hear the bikes and come to find out we were not more than 500 yards
From my point of view, I was behind Cyberdos & Drew, made 10' of a wrong turn then was on the gas trying to catch back up. The trail was smoothing up a bit so I was haulin the mail & could not believe I couldn't get close enough to see any dust (turned out Drew & Julio missed a turn & Steve & I wound up ahead of them). I knew Steve had ridden the trail before & incorrectly assumed he knew the way. After about seven miles of full boogie I hit a long fairly straight hill & there was no headlight behind me? I stopped and waited a bit & was worried about Steve, he's a very good rider & should have been close. I decided to back track in the dark all alone to find Steve. Being able to reach Drew by phone made a potentially bad situation turn out fine. I may have to look into a Scala system.