View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveRMS View Post
Neil, can you show us a pic of what you want the tulip to look like in your yellow example? I am having trouble visualizing it.

BTW, I agree with the text-in-tulip suggestion.

We also have an "upload custom tulip/icon" feature in the pipeline. That will handle all the edge cases.

Dave
Hi Dave - Sorry it was a bad example tulip, all I wanted to suggest is to be able edit the (straight vertical in this case) line segment by the optoinal addition of two more edit points; this which would accommodate to much more complex "main route" in your tulip diagram if need be, but without upsetting or over complicating things too much. I believe the current setup is a really good and simple editing tool/functionality you have (the segment above the yellow circle).

I know that if you click and drag the dot at the bottom, the whole tulip moves. This is great and should not be changed, but nothing happens if you click on the "corner" in my example tulip (top of yellow circle). Imagine if you were to click there or on that fixed vertical segment and two more editable points below popped into view for making a really complex shape?

What I'm saying is that a lot of time you would not need to use this, and the default 4 points above the vertical bit would be more than enough, but there is the odd occasion where you have say a D/G though say, a gate, followed immediately by another sharp D. The number of points you have to generate this is too limited, and I think a few words like "D after Gate" on the RHS is not enough. The problem is having too many points available each time you create tulip would make it onerous (you really dont want to edit more points than necessary), but in the event that you did need additonal points on the main route, if one were to click on the (normally) vertical line segment at the bottom it would be really cool to have three more points to play with (including the original 'corner' point.

Clear as mud now? If you still don't understand let me know and I will make a series of pics for ya.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote