View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #131
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
It is so easy to forget what is at stake for these guys. I didn't see the crash but read on MM it was a harmless-looking front-end lose.

It's a long season. Of the top seven, so far we have seen Lorenzo, Pedrosa, and now Bradl with injuries that took them out of races, Crutchlow with injuries that have hindered him significantly, and Marquez with injuries he has shrugged off but quite serious. I think many of us would rate a dislocated shoulder as plenty serious if we were to experience it, and likewise the beating up from a get-off at 335km/h, even in inflatable leathers and with nothing much broken afterwards. Bradl's broken ankle is considered minor in this game and he might race with it next week, but again for most people a broken ankle is more than somewhat disruptive of their activities and routines.

I had a related point to make but think I'll leave it unsaid. Here's hoping for a hurt-free race.
his bike seemed to tear the astroturf which he then caught his foot in,otherwise he probably would have been fine.