View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #266
batoutoflahonda
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,376
Way back I went to the World Rounds at Donner CA. Was so impressed I bought an Aprilia climber. Broke it every time I rode it, which was good, kept me from killing myself on it. Cracked my helmet at one point. Also lead me to believe that the Italians know nothing about metallurgy, surely, I was not a hack on two wheels. I did get a chance to ride with some guys from PITS who were setting up a course at Carnegie. They drug me all over that place. Wore me the heck out as I was a guinea pig for the novice sections. They kept telling me to quit riding it like a dirt bike. I did get a chance to ride their Gas Gas, Beta, and Montesa bikes. Of the three I liked the Montesa the best.

So years later I pick this up the other day. The plan is to plate it using WA new laws and explore the mountains around my place, and do some local events. So been out trying to do wheelies. Same rings true today as it did then. Get frustrated and go ride it like a dirt bike. Sure the neighbors are looking out their windows going WTF? Has he lost it? Why is just jumping up and down on that motorcycle?

Any way. Pretty stoked. Joining Puget Sound Trialers and looking forward to learning some civility on two wheels.

Save lives. Legalize lane sharing.

Cow eyes don't glow.

batoutoflahonda screwed with this post 10-13-2013 at 11:10 AM
batoutoflahonda is offline   Reply With Quote