View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #11187
graygoat657
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavis009 View Post
I called about that this week but had already sold.

Apparently the economy is doing quite well. I stopped by Sloan's today with the intention of making an offer on the 2013 690 they have. Stood around for 20 minutes before anyone even approached me. When I asked the salesperson for a price on the bike, he just pointed to the tag that said $10,299. Keep in mind the tag also said "Fall Clearance." So I asked, "Isn't that just MSRP?", to which he replied yes. So I asked what to me was the next logical question, "So why does the tag say 'Fall Clearance'? Doesn't that imply 'less than' MSRP? He just gave me a blank stare and said he didn't know why that tag was on it. I then asked for a price, and he just pointed to the tag again. So I said I guess I would see from Castle could do, to which he said "Okay". At that point I just walked out with my money. Reinforces my preference of ordering all my parts and accessories from Rocky Mountain and Motosport.
I am bummed to hear that you had a bad experience. It maybe that the DS models are not on the Fall rebate schedule for KTM, but I could be wrong. If you are still seriously looking for a 690, call Sloan's and ask for Matt Sloan, or Curtis Sloan. Tell them Nick Z sent you. I let them know that a local ADV'er had a bad experience on the sales floor, and that he was seriously looking for a 690. I can't promise the deal of the century, but these are the guys at that dealership that can make something happen.
As for the other members that are looking for things, I can usually refer you to the key person you want to talk to in most of the local dealerships. Hope this helps.

graygoat657 screwed with this post 10-13-2013 at 12:33 PM
graygoat657 is online now   Reply With Quote