View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #9
Motor7 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
A lot of informative responses. I have the custom moulded plugs and I agree, they are not the best. When shooting on a indoor range I found myself putting muff on over them. For the last 8 years or so I have been using the plugs on a hoop:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_84944-98-905...ion&facetInfo=
I have a dozen pair, keep them in the truck, wheeler, tractor, shop, etc. I heat with wood so I run chainsaws a lot and they are in the saw bag.

I guess my biggest issue is that I want music when I ride, so I wear earbuds with the music at a very reasonable level. I know this is not helping my tinnitus, but I am not willing to give up my music. Every couple of hrs, I turn off the music and use the buds as ear plugs.

One thing I learned recently is that even constant exposure to volume noise causes damage...something I never even thought about. I never tired the swimming plugs and will look into that.

nwpa, I'm almost 56....I put off the garden hose thing as long as I thought prudent. Yes, I hope some of the younger riders read this and stick some plugs in their ears when riding because being from the South I do love Cicadas....listening to them 24/7...well...not so much.
Motor7 is offline   Reply With Quote