View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #178
nachtflug OP
infidel

Oddometer: 45,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
thanks mates! to say I like doing it is an understatement. Facebook continues to throw major mind boggling curveballs at me. Glimpses into other peoples lives.
like this. one of the kids who's name I've come to know as "local", as in an hour away, posted this a few weeks back.

Well dad... Its been 7 years since you left us. These 7 years have defiantly been the hardest. But i made my way back to racing this year, after 6 years off. I know your riding with me every time i throw my leg over the bike. Its hard showing up to the track by myself. It sucks doing everything by myself, and i often think about giving up. But your the reason i keep going. Seeing how everyone else's dad is up there with them at the gate is hard, but i know your right there with me and you always will be. I love you and miss you so much. See you soon dad. 12/14/63-9/27/06 RIP #799

I did some asking around to some people who would know and asked how the father had died, and was told he died on the track..

damn. suddenly giving so many pictures away on facebook makes just a tad more sense....
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote