View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #29
Rick G
Ranger Rick

Oddometer: 1,950
Yes I have tinitus and have significant frequency loss. However riding did not cause it as I had the beginning stages prior to buying my first bike at 40. However the first couple years of riding I did not wear plugs and I do believe my tinitus worstened during that time. I now use noise isolating ear phones (Shure SE210) and music at a moderate volume to mask it while riding.

When at home or in the car I always have either music playing or the tv (at home not on bike) to help mask the ringing. But it is always there. Fortunately it hasn't started driving me crazy....yet! LOL

Went to an audiologist a couple of years back for a hearing test. They of course reccomended I get a hearing aid but haven't taken that plunge yet, though my wife and daughter have been bugging me about it lately. It is getting more difficult to make out conversation on the tube or at the movies. In person it is easier for me unless you are a low talker.

Question, has anyone with bad tinitus gone the hearing aid route? If so, how is it working out?

Thanks,

Rick G

Rick G screwed with this post 10-15-2013 at 03:26 AM
Rick G is online now   Reply With Quote