View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #25754
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,890
Poor Man's S500 25-27 Oct

TIme to update the RSVP list for the Poor Man's S500 in two weekends. Please post up to confirm you are coming. RimBenty, Whitfield and I are doing a small recon tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post

Some can't make the S500, or can't afford it. Or like me, are too cheap to pay for it since I live in that area most of the time. So I proposed a Richmond ADV riders weekend in Pendleton County at my family's place, where all can camp Friday, and then recreate the S500 over the weekend with riders who have the roll charts/digital tracks. Ride about 160 miles Saturday, camp Sat night at my place, ride 160 miles Sunday, then head home.

I have lots of land, spring water, indoor toilets, two grills, a big honking fire pit and lots of wood. If everyone pitches in with donations for food, I could have some type of breakfast each morning, coffee, eggs, etc. And then have the kitchen open for dinner. The grills would be available for all to burn meat.

Trust me, the night sky there is un-freaking believable. It is the perfect dark sky location. Some have volunteered to lead the rides on each day, so we can break down into small groups to ride.

This should all be big bike friendly, and most could do it on Tourance tires. Don't believe there is any single track, but there are numerous water crossings. If it does rain, I would at least put a big knobby on the front. I'll probably ride my elephant of the R1150GS.

This is a free "camping" weekend, but since my wife is starting a rustic B&B at the farm, she actually said I could rent out some of the rooms inside. We also have a nice camping cabin on the Farm that has three beds in it, spring water, and solar lights. (The outhouse is out the back.) That is available too. You can PM me for details.

The date is set for 25-27 October. Please update me and confirm you are still coming! Or add to the list if you want to still come!

25-27 Oct
Rimbenty
Jeff Munn
Dirtmonkey8 and Jeff(XR650L)
Eddy Alvarez
pplassm
burtonrider3889
Halfplate
ddlewis (tentatively)
Madstrom
dsinger562 (tentatively)
btblueskies