View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #1355
cavebiker OP
Old School Adventurer

Oddometer: 849
Thumb Preparing for the August Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhicheverAnyWayCan View Post
So what's the latest update? Still giving the sporty that serious TLC?
Hola Sportster amigo, I dig your bike mod thread man, look forward to more photos. What a blast doing the motor, yeah!

And yes, the cavebike is still being treated well, thanks for asking I’ll share a few recent ride photos of what I’m talking about, just for the fun factor of course.

Preparing for the August ride I still had plenty of tread on both tires but I found these cool knobbies on-line last winter. Now I have to put them on, for this ride, I don’t know why. I think the Haiti border ride got to me, I don’t know how to behave on my Harley anymore, all I want to do is off-road.

When I ride solo I always bring camping gear, I can’t imagine doing it any other way. It’s a blast getting everything together.

The first night in South Dakota, just outside Carthage, a micro village I just happened upon by chance. I was looking for the town of Manchester where I had to turn south to this lake, but I never saw any town, nothing. I finally went south and found Cabaret Steakhouse & Lounge. This place is not to be missed if you are ever in the area. Oh, and I found out that Manchester was blown off the map, the whole town in a tornado a while back. Wow, and I found out a lot of other info in Carthage.

On a road named Bia1, a fence pinned me in on both sides of deep mud, I had to turn it around. It’s like 20 miles back on this road before I’m somewhere north of Wounded Knee again. Crap, it was an adrenaline rush cranking the fully loaded Harley through all this to get here, now I gotta get out. Chilling out enjoying the surroundings I get to thinking that I am nuts.

www.JustAdventureTravel.net

cavebiker screwed with this post 10-15-2013 at 04:58 PM
cavebiker is offline   Reply With Quote