View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #1358
cavebiker OP
Old School Adventurer

Oddometer: 849
Eek

This is where I spent the night. Yesterday a woman hiking and a couple biking took down my tow service telephone number and said they would call, and Iím sure they did but Allstate is all automated until you donít have exact addresses or cross streets and then it gets real difficult for some reason, they have to know everything, bla bla bla. Iím sure my helpers called but had to give it up.

After hiking down the mountain and the hitching a ride to Hill City I call my tow. Then 20 miles back up the steep canyon road to get the bike, then on to Rapid City Harley Davidson. The tow team was a load of fun and the driver said he drove down Bia1 once and busted some huge pin, ďnever againĒ he said.

Rapid City, the biggest Harley shop in the world I think, and this is the last day of the largest motorcycle rally in the world. There are tons of bike rolling through and hundreds of trucks and vendors pulling out. I get in the back of the line with ten other bikes.

Good time to dry out the tent

There she goes---

Oh Yeah, $120 bucks, canít beat that and in and out in just a few hours, Unreal! I had a bad cam sensor, the ignition timing sensor. That stuff happens.

Itís still the last day of the rally and Iím only miles away. Oh Yeah, I am out of here!

I have to see some old friends. I hope Angie will still be at the Full Throttle.

I missed It! Well ya canít make them all, but What a Freaking Ride!

I ride until last light then force myself to look hard for a camping spot. I love to ride this way, itís a rush, I have to pull out all my senses and put them into high gear. The darker it gets the tougher it is.

This feels like the same spot I stumbled on last year, all good.

Shots in the morning light are my favorite.

I could look for some stale coffee at a gas station, orÖ

I like South Dakota more ever ride. I hope you enjoyed it to.

Cheers!

www.JustAdventureTravel.net
cavebiker is offline   Reply With Quote