View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #40
RDT953 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
To Alor or not to Alor?

This mornings sky is looking decidedly friendlier for seafarers so I'm taking the ferry incident yesterday as a stroke of good luck in not having to steam through a storm on a rusty old ship.
I see the thread is slowly collecting more readers, welcome and thanks for your words, it's good to get responses.

So after another delicious Avalon breakfast of banana pancake and strong sweet Timor coffee I'm ready to give the ferry to Alor Island another try.

Postie Bike is becoming a bit of a pop star in these parts. Looking for a charger for my photo printer, I stopped by a camera shop in Kupang yesterday morning. The owner was fascinated by PB and must have taken 50 pics. Down at the ferry terminal the other bike owners wanted to know all about the bike and the modifications, I keep getting the thumbs up signal and words like strong bike, very good bike etc. Indonesians know quality and class when they see it.