View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #1150
error cooled OP
anything but asphalt

Oddometer: 1,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyKLR View Post
Took a swing at Shoe Creek (FR243) yesterday. Extremely rough on the North end. Not a good place to be on a big bike riding solo. Everything else has been great .
Chris - thanks for the note on the gates encountered. Also saw in the photo bucket what looked like Enchanted Creek where is passes under the BRP.

Gang - Chris brought to my attention a few road closures. Here is quick overview with status:

"Road Closed Washout" is WV61 and has been closed since July as I understand it. The USFS says its an indefinite closure and it may be awhile (years) given the lack of funds available. It is a long road that locals use so I imagine it will reopen:

"Stoney Run Road (FSR 61) in Pendleton County, West Virginia is closed indefinitely to thru traffic due to storm damage and unsafe driving conditions. The closure is 4.5 miles south of the intersection with Schoolhouse Road (FSR 166) and approximately 3 miles north of the intersection with FSR 85. "

The strung together gates on FR95 due to a culvert replacement and should re-open next in 2014:

"A section of North River Road (Forest Road 95), located in Augusta County, will close for up to two months beginning September 11, 2013. The 3-mile segment of North River Road between Forest Road 85 and Forest Road 95A (Leading Ridge Road) will close to ensure the safety of the public and workers while two large culverts are replaced. There will be no through traffic during this time."
error cooled is offline   Reply With Quote