View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 832
I ride mostly off road with my 950 so I run full mx gear most of the time (mx helmet, off road boots, pressure suit, neck brace, etc). So I wear 95% of the time my TCX Pro 2 boots. I prefer extra protection over not enough. :)

that being said, I have been looking at some other boots recently, mainly wanting something more waterproof but without a compromise for protection. IMHO in order to have a good comfortable boot that also has great protection, you really need to have some sort of exoskeleton built into the boot. I've had alpine star tech 8 and tech 10 boots, and while both have great support, once they are "broken in' and are comfortable, you have given up a lot of the support for your ankles IMHO. I really only consider the TCX, Gaerne, and Sidi boots to have a high level of protection that have the flexible hinge system to keep things protected but comfortable. I still use these as my go-to boot for most off road riding. But I am looking at something very close but maybe dropping down one level in protection, but adding some additional features like waterproofness and maybe comfort in walking?

i have been taking a serious look at the TCX Desert Goretex boot. I don't know how long they have been out, and finding a local dealer for them is difficult, but having had three pairs of TCX boots over the years, I've been very very satisfied with the construction, fit and durability of the boots.

here's a photo of the Desert, might be worth a look:

Goretex, great protection
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote