View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #48
RedRockRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,373
Hey Dave - Great RR so far. Thanks!

Sometimes you have to back off a bit, especially when solo a long distance from pavement.

I was out exploring some backways between Beaver Dam Wash and Mesquite yesterday. Came to a few hills that ATVs had gone up, tearing some ruts. Decided not to give it a go on the moto. Too much chance of dropping wheel in a deep rut at the wrong place. No easy way to self extricate.

A few pics from a ride to Oak Grove (headed to Twin Points) when I ran out of time. Always a reason to go back.

Kelly Point to the left. Twin Points to the right. This ride was last March. It was Springtime in St. George, but I knew the higher elevation of the AZ Strip would still be cold. Had made good time to this point, although there were some ruts in the road.

Then I hit the big trees of Oak Grove. This meant shade, snow, and mud. Lots of mud.

Although I got through, it chewed up all my time. Never did get out to Twin Points. Have to go back with a tent and spend the night. It's all about the sunset and sunrise -- as you've shown your ADV followers many times.

Anyhow . . . since you ended up 4 miles short of the Point looks like you have a reason to go back as well.

Following along. Very interested to see the next phase of your trip. Probably going to include some time with the boys at Rocky Mountain ATV in St. George.

RedRockRider - WR250R, TW200, Versys, Vulcan 900 LT, Zuma 125

Southwest Utah: Dual Sport Riding from St. George
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725976
RedRockRider is offline   Reply With Quote