View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 02:08 AM   #39
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 6,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
By the time I was 16 , I was already riding for 9 years. Don't wait.

I was a late bloomer started I had only been riding dirt for 8 years but two on the street with a 250cc restricted license....that I totally ignored the restrictions on.

On Topic:

My Mom hated that I was interested in anything with an engine. I did my first sub-11 second pass on a drag strip at 8-9 with by father. My first ride on a motorcycle was with the nextdoor neighbor at maybe four. No shirt, No shoes, no lid, NO PROBLEM (this was 1982-1983) I dragged my first non-functional dirtbike home in return for raking a yard....at 8 years old. My Mom STILL 26 years later bitches at me every time she sees a motorcycle...whether or not its mine or if I'm riding it or not...my father has passed, so I can't call him for carb advise anymore.

My Pops was a gearhead, he was a mechanic by trade, but he wasn't a rider, he knew how to ride a motorcycle, he took off on mine more than once, it just wasn't something that got him going, 1/4 mile was his thing, always was.

They made their opinions on the subject known ...loudly, in some case (something about a block long wheelie ) but for the most part I was allowed to make my own decisions, it was rare that my parents flat put their foot down, unless it was something illegal.

Tripped1 screwed with this post 10-16-2013 at 02:17 AM
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote