View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #69
outlaws justice
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem9 View Post
. On one hand I think it would be cool to have them grow up riding street together with me. On the other, it scares the crap out of me. Just looking for others who have been through the same thing.
I have been there. Currently have two granddaughters who live with me, age 7 and 10 and they have been riding dirt bikes, ATV,s and Snowmobiles since the oldest was 3 years old. My Yougest daughter is now 26 (Stepdaughter) and she started riding when she was 10 and got her first dirt bike that year. She still riders Dirt, took the MSF class, rode a VF500 on the street, then two years later moved to the SV650S. She also has taken the Total Control Class. The bike stays at my house, she rides when she wants and likes to ride with me. Yes, I worry, but Like others have said when the time comes it comes maybe in a car, maybe on a bike. She enjoys riding, and enjoys riding with me as well (Unlike her older sisters and brother) Do I worry, YES, but I would worry more if she was on the back of a bike with someone who is not as knowledgeable or responsible, so I would rather she was operting her own bike rather than riding on the back with her boy friend. And she is careful, wears full gear and makes sure someone knows where she is going etc.