View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #33
Loud Al OP

Oddometer: 3,873
The next morning we were up early.

Chris got a group photo, we took it in front of Woody's tent because he was still asleep

Today would be very light on pictures, I had a long way to go and I wasn't taking fast roads. Somewhere along the way my temp light came on, getting to the radiator on the Dakar requires taking off plastic. So I pulled out my tools, ripped the plastic off the bike and found that the radiator was mostly empty. I knew that I had a small leak but it would seem that the leak had grown during the trip. It was a good thing I had a full dromedary bag because I used about 1/2 of it filling the radiator. I buttoned up the bike and just as I was finishing a couple of guys on adventure bikes asked if I needed any help. I was out there for about 1/2 an hour and a good 25 bikes had gone by without anyone even slowing down to look if I needed help. Thanks to you guys who did stop.

I got on the road and it was looking dodgy for me to finish my trip the way I wanted to. I passed through Nevada city just as the sun set, I started to head into the mountains when it started to drizzle. I decided that a hotel room was sounding good. I grabbed a room and then went for a walk around town.

My favorite from the night.

Allan
Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote