View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #3
Defaultgateway
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
tune ECU on 2012 LC8

Yes, will work on 2012 990. You will be able to read/reset codes.
You will need the adapter cable, a laptop with a USB port, running XP, Win7 or Win8, (XP requires updated .NET files) or a Mac running Windows emulation. There are specific requirements regarding the USB/Serial virtual driver, see the TuneECU site for install instructions. (Win8 will install the correct one, Win7 or XP will need to have manual install for this step)
-->Check your batt. terminals, clean and tighten
-->Remove headlight fuse to keep current draw to a minimum while connecting/connected.
-->Use the key and not the red handle bar switch to turn your ecu on/off
-->Best to have your power adapter plugged into the laptop and have the laptop charged before connecting to the bike.

There are several threads in the Orange Crush on TUNE-ECU that will help. You can download the software and look at maps without the cable or connecting to a bike. Make sure you download a stock 2011 or 2012 KTM 990 map and load it to see the KTM screens to get familiar with the menus, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty141 View Post
With the Tune ECU software, will I be able to check FI codes stored on my 2012 990?? If not, is there a way to see the code/codes without stopping by the dealer??

I had a FI light the other day, I cycled the key before I counted the blinks. Bike has almost 10,000 miles and the closest twin dealer is 250 miles away.

Thanks for any tips or info.

Smitty
Defaultgateway is offline   Reply With Quote