View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #4773
DiegoDobles
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Wolfman Luggage

Especial, sorry it took me so long to subscribe. Been following along ever since the beginning. We have missed having you along on our Diego Dobles rides.

You mentioned that you were thinking about using the Wolfman Luggage. I have a number of their products and had to post. Five of the guys in our group now ride with them, and everyone swears by them.

I used the E-12 saddle bags when we went to Northern Baja last time. We did not have a chase truck, so everything was on our bikes and backs. They are great! They are easy to remove when you leave the bike overnight. They are super secure and do not hit the pipe at all. I barely even notice them on the bike when riding. I store all sorts of stuff in them, tools, clothes, spare oil... On our trip we crossed at Tecate, Santa Vernonica, Laguna, Valle de T, San Felipe, Puertecitos, Rockman Trail to Catavina, Rancho Meling (if you have never been to this place, go! It is legit!), and finally on to Mikes Sky Rancho. About 900 miles in 4 days. It was cold! I have never been that cold for that long. Snow on the road, water, rain... When we left Catavina to head to Meling, we could only ride 10-15 miles before we were frozen. It was in the high 20's (F). We would stop, grab our exhaust with both hands, thaw, then do it again. Freezing! It was all a pre-run for our trip with the rest of the guys in March. Both trips were great. March trip we decided to leave out the Rockman trial. Rockman trail was crazy difficult!

The day tripper bags I use for day trips, or trips when we have chase trucks. Exactly the same as the E-12's, but narrower profile.

The enduro tool bag I use to store stuff I want to get at quickly. Maps, food... I don't like to put too heavy of stuff that far back on the fender.

I have been on about 6, multi-day trips with the luggage. It is really high quality stuff. I have dropped the bike plenty of times and the bags hold up really well.

Keep up the good work. I am really enjoying your thread.