View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 02:40 AM   #89
Annie & Her Dad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffenuff View Post
Lol! Hi Anne Marie! Glad you found me and thanks for tuning in to our RR1 How is the riding there in Australia?
I've never been and always wanted to go. New Zealand as well. When would be the best time to visit and ride there?
And of couse, you can come along anytime!
Hi Tuffenuff,

I have been subscribed since page one...

I ride mostly in the central regions of South Australia, Western Australia and the Northern Territory. If that was your only experience you'd come away with the impression that it is the great flat land of nothing. It is fairly normal to ride a couple hours to get all excited about some ancient natural or manmade landmark. There is a lot more to see, but it means getting off the bike and looking more closely.

Coastal regions are fine during the summer. Summer can be dangerous in the interior if anything goes wrong and the north is subject to flooding. The best time to visit the centre is in the dead of winter where it will get cold at night with days that are usually clear and sunny.

Dad was in New Zealand last year and chose spring and summer as the best time to visit.

If you are planning to do both and have a few months, visit Australia when it is coolest and New Zealand when it is warmest.

Annie & Her Dad is offline   Reply With Quote