View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
COXR650L
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,396
Fading is generally caused by the same symptoms you are having. Because the brake is dragging, the fluid heats up and eventually the brakes fade.

In your case the first thing I would look at is the linkage of the brake pedal and see if it is binding and holding pressure on the slave, pull it apart, clean and re-grease. Next I would look at the caliper and make sure it is functioning correctly, pads are not binding on the pins, sliding free etc.

If those two things check out then Id do a full rebuild, but check the easy and cheap stuff first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dune View Post
Hey Guys,

Its been a couple weeks with this 'new to me' beast. Great bike! But with all bikes some quirks to work out.

On a few dirt roads / gravel roads the rear tire has locked up!
Don't notice it much on any light trails - maybe that's just cause I am not using it much.... ?
And pavement of course it doesn't seem to lock up - but overheats for sure.

I was told there was a warped rotor in the bikes recent past - perhaps this is the cause.

I did some searching and came up with a few threads and this info for instance:

http://www.ktm950.info/how/Orange%20...ndon_rear.html

I understand there was a previous TSB that dealt with a 'fading rear brake'? this is the opposite. Also to note it locks up by barely touching the pedal.

My plan was to get this kit go through the steps and essentially rebuild the system and bleed it and see how it goes??

any other suggestions??

cheers.

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote