View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #92
tuffenuff OP
a.k.a. "Tiny Dancer"

Oddometer: 133
Passed Out In CO & Washed Up In UT! Big Bikes Conquer The Elements Of The West!

------------------------------------------------------------
DAY 7 Continued: 2013 KTM Rally, Steamboat Springs, CO
------------------------------------------------------------
Day 1 of the Rally

After we checked in to The Grand and over-indulged in one of the best Mexican Foods in CO, we headed out and walked to the KTM Rally where the vendors were still setting up their tents.

KTM Rally registrants were welcomed by The Grand in style!
With the new 1190 Adventure R front and center!

This is my first rally ever so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Honestly, I was pretty intimidated, kinda felt like Elle Woods walking into Harvard.
I'm not much of a gear head in terms of the inner workings of the mechanics, but I respect the beauty and the art of mechanics.
I'm more of a bookworm, so if there are written instructions.
Whether it be writing a formula in Excel, baking a cake, putting together a lighting fixture, building a desk to changing tires, I'm willing to learn and try.

Lovely sunflowers along the walk...

The set up was still pretty light as people were just arriving, both vendors and registrants.

These awards would be handed out later at the Awards Dinner on Day 3 of the Rally.

We picked up our SWAG...

Swag Bag: T-shirt, hat plus free gloves and lanyard from Thor booth along with discount and rebate cards from other vendors.

We walked around and got the lay of the land.
The guys did their thing while I listened, watched, learned and took in as much information as I could.
Everyone was super friendly, nice and very informative!

Plenty of 1190 Adv R Demo bikes to be tested!

I think I'll start out with this bike!

RedBull. They are everywhere. They have a lot of wings!

In addition to the Demo Rides, there were group rides, guided rides or you could go out on your own and explore the routes the Rally Team put together.
I opted to take a break over the weekend and play tourist. Besides, I knew Jeremy needed a little guy time on his own with his buds and ride like a real crazy wild man!

We decided to walk back to The Grand. Still pretty full from dinner, we all just chillaxed and settled into our rooms and had a good night's rest.

I'm going to keep the posts of the Rally Weekend a little lighter than typical and try to cover the highlights, but if you'd like to see more pics, you can find them here. Feel free to peruse.
First Long ADV Ride, 09/07: Passed Out In CO & Washed Up In UT (COBDR & UTBDR)

tuffenuff screwed with this post 10-17-2013 at 04:05 PM
tuffenuff is offline   Reply With Quote