View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #211
Padmei
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,359
I guess you'll be attending the annual celebratory Molesworth opening day ride to hamner & back thru rainbow on Dec 28th?
Numbers were down last year to me & Pete. Still more gravel & less dust for us which is the good part

Funnily enough when I was deciding whether or not to leave Aland where I'd lived for 30 odd years it was Blenheim that made the decision for me. I'm not one for change much (see how long it takes me to replace a back tyre for instance), I was riding my mtb down the wide roads around dinner time & saw people doing the same kind of things in their houses that people did in Aland- listening to the radio while doing their gardening, playing with kids etc. It was the same kind of life however there seemed to be more depth to it. The pastimes are easier get into as the access is quicker. There is a real love for the environment down here.
We would have gone to Blenheim or Nelson but Bec got a job in Nelson first- decision made. The difference in the cost in housing then was a major part. I guess it may be the same since we hear a lot about house prices in Aland. Blenheim has crept up quite a bit with any 'lifestylers' planting grapes as fast as they could.
Every body down here really seemed to get into clubs- I was into Tris & the outdoors etc & after joining the local Tri club i made more friends in the first 6months than I prob did in my life in Aland.
The region is made up of immigrants & they seem to go out of their way to welcome new blood.

Please make sure you bring all your spares down here so I can have a rifle thru them while you are at work

Padmei screwed with this post 10-18-2013 at 11:53 PM
Padmei is online now   Reply With Quote