View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #101
dave6253 OP
The Tourist

Oddometer: 3,069
I spent the morning in Kanab, UT and Fredonia, AZ where I eat breakfast, shop for groceries, refill my water supplies and fuel etc.
I also had to tighten the gear shift lever as the bolt was backing out.

It was about 11:30 as I turned off of Ryan Road and headed towards Gunsight Point.
My GPS says to go straight here, but the majority of traffic obviously goes right.

I follow my GPS which shows this route will hook back up with the other road straight ahead.

It was fun, until the road ended in several faint tracks, none which seemed to be heading in the right direction.
So back to the intersection I go. Everyone else turns right, I had to turn left.

Just follow this sign, stupid. Ignore the GPS.

I met some nice German tourists that had wandered out here in a rented 4x4 pickup.
I think Kanab Point is visible from here, but I'm not sure.

Gunsight Point Panorama

To the left I see the Kaibab Plateau. I intentionally saved the best for last...

The rear tire was new at the start of this trip. I don't think the Heidenau likes rocks.

This is Arizona, so some road signs are hard to read.

Ryan Road Approaching The Kaibab Plateau

Ryan Road turns into the FS 22, the main west side road that will take you all the way to Highway 67 near the park entrance.

But I'm not going to the touristy areas. I turn off on FS 235 towards the Kanab Creek Wilderness.