View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #11
glitch_oz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,645
Lenzburg Old Town

One last look into the Castle square

…before it's back into town with lots to talk about.

No idea what this means, but it looks cute and again it's a surprise that it hasn't been vandalised, painted or otherwise destroyed. Nice!

"I'll be an ST1300 and camper trailer when I grow up!!"

Whatever that used to be…or still is. It's still showing lots of character, wealth, stature, contentment and self consciousness.

Doug!! Forget it, mate…we all know, you've eaten your ticket!!

Straight down to Moto Mader where the bikes are just parked under a canvas-annex.
Imagine an Aussie bike-shop leaving their stock regularly parked day, night and weekends just outside their locked shop, no fence, no barbed wire, not even cable-locks….just unthinkable!

Tim's G650

Another Pizza and Kebab night…those boys are mighty quick and don't muck around when it comes to portion sizes.

We even come away with a couple of bottles of local red.

The bikes are packed quickly; everything's already prepped to go into the panniers.

Tim and Goodie on the G650GS's (mine was swapped by Mader for an F800GS at the very last minute/ late Saturday afternoon), Doug and Andrew on the F700GS's and Dave on another F800GS.

All the bikes come with topboxes and panniers (BMW OEM …fine for the job but I'd never, ever buy the stuff) OEM tankbags, heated grips, ABS and the other fruit salad of gizmo fluff.

NO GPS, the whole thing's Old School papermaps, wet finger in the wind and dead reckoning. After that it's down to whatever happens.

Tim…Lenzburg, the Castle, all the hubbub, train-rides, bikes, finally bgetting ready to roll...it's finally got him beat.
Christ, what a day!!
Guess, that red makes things a bit blurry

Tomorrow: On the road, REAL twisties, getting lost after the first 30k's, "Oh shit, it's snowing!!", riding the Furka blind, soaked to the jox, salvation in Fiesch….

Tbc: writing it up as fast as I can

www.AusTouring.com
A Dozen Years Of Adventures

glitch_oz screwed with this post 10-20-2013 at 03:13 PM
glitch_oz is offline   Reply With Quote