View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #18
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post
It's worse than that, they'll bitch about whatever it is. If it is good on the slab it isn't light enough or have the suspension or clearance for the dirt. If it is good in the dirt it is too light and gets blown around on the slab, and is too tall, and can't carry enough luggage for two-week trips camping on the road because the rear sub-frame isn't heavy enough. Blah bla blah it isn't perfect so why don't they make.....
Yup. I see people complain about the DR650 being too heavy and clumsy for anything more technical than an NFS road. Then I see other people complaining that it's too light and twitchy for running miles of slab. For some it's too low. For some it's too high.

I just hop on and ride, slab or sand, whatever. Then I address what I need to for it to work for me.
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote