View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #100
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 7,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Rider View Post
Anyone ever hit a deer while riding dirt? Just curious. I almost got mowed down by one on my mountain bike once.
I've never even had a close call with a deer on pavement, and I lived a large part of my life in forest-rat-infested Illinois.

Down here, I worry more about feral pigs, loose dogs, cottonmouths, turkey vultures, gators, and meth-heads. I only really see deer around here after the sun starts dropping. I got within about 50yds of a panther about a month ago, riding on a trail alongside a canal right as the sun was going down. I really wouldn't want to run into one of those on the trail. I wouldn't want to run into a bear or any of those other dangerous critters either.
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote