View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #142
GrizzLee OP
RubiKon Adventures

Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerXC View Post
Wow, so many highs and lows on your adventure. It is cool that parts of Dak live on and will see parts unknown of this world. I hope that you and Yukon J can find a replacement bike and are planning other adventures.

Thanks Tim... It's been one heck of year. That's for sure.

We are looking for a bike. More so for a car. He is at the age where mom an dad cannot drive him around anymore. Besides, it just isn't cool to bee seen by friends with mom and dad driving him at his age

With that said, we did manage to ride the Washington Coast around the Olympic Peninsula this weekend. He got to ride a Kawasaki Versys 650 that Lori acquired as a bonus of sorts from her boss at work. No ABS or heated grips. It left a bit to be desired on the dirt roads, but Johann loved the extra pep.

This was Johann's first big ride since the accident. We did a couple of small trips to see how he'd adjust to being back on a bike. No problems. Lori says he is a good rider when she followed in the car. I agree. He rides like a veteran.

BTW: We purchased new jackets. You will like this... We now have matching Triumph touring jackets. They were an incredible deal. Too good to pass up, even if they sport the Triumph logo . Johann has a new helmet, riding pants and boots he is all set. Just needs another bike. Patience will hopefully pay off as we are in no hurry.

Enjoy a few pics from our weekend adventure. I think Johann is a fantastic young rider. He did especially well on the Washington Coast, riding the beach on the Versys.

Couple more from our trip this weekend. It seems that Johann picked up a passenger in Port Angeles. See our blog for more

I must say that the Pacific NorthWet is a beautiful place if one can escape the crowds in the off-season in between the rain.

I have a few videos ready to go from our Alaska trip. I am still trying to download some of the video that got corrupted on my camera as well. It looks like most of it can be saved. I am having a friend at Microsoft evaluate it and do the recovery. In any event, I am posting another ride report this week. Complete with video and such from a solo trip into West Central B.C.

More coming... I promise. It has been really hectic.
RR: Destination Nuxalk Nation
RR: Our Life Behind Bars
GrizzLee is offline   Reply With Quote