View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
scottrnelson OP
Team Orange

Oddometer: 1,385
Question I need a decent adventure tail bag

When I'm out riding on the big KTM, I have two huge panniers that I can put a lot of stuff into. However, on the XR650L, so far it's been the few tools I can fit into the little tail pack thingy right behind the seat, or whatever I am willing to carry in a backpack.

I was on a ride on Saturday with a few other riders and one of the KLR650's got a flat front tire. He had a spare tube and the right tools to fix it in his tail bag (after using a big log to get the front wheel off of the ground). If I were on my XR650L on that ride and had the same issue I would be stuck many miles from anywhere and no way to fix the thing.

So I'm looking to put a metal rack on the back and would like to find a decent tailbag that can hold a first aid kit, a few tools, some bottles of water and maybe a couple of spare tubes. I would like something that doesn't need separate bungee cords to attach it to a rear rack, but that doesn't take five minutes of unwrapping to get to whatever is inside it.

What suggestions do you all have?

I would like to make my XR a bit more adventure ready. I figure it could be me next time with the flat tire.