View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #103
BMacW650 OP

Oddometer: 742
Last leg

All the parts came in. I'm getting really close.
Currently I'm struggling on how to secure the headlight mask to the bracket. It's always been press fitted in on mine. No problem whatsoever, but I want to make it more professional for everyone else.

Still experimenting with that. You will see a hole on the left, I was trying to make it quick release so it would come off and allow easy adjustment of the lamps.

Another little snag is that if I solder the weather sealed fusebox to the wiring harness, it would be very tricky to route the entire thing to the battery. I want to keep the fuse down bottom behind the skip plate so they can be accessed quickly, like the other fuses. Otherwise I could just have the fuse behind the headlight... Working on disassemble the fusebox now so you just have to snap the terminal back after the routing.

A few pictures

Wiring harness, much tidier than before. 2 relays, low beam kill switch, low beam will stay on when high beam is turned on. Just plug the H4-3 connector to the stock headlight, and the 2 leads to battery.

Mounts directly to the stock headlight mask.

Reuse the stock rubber bushing, spacer, washer, screw

Adjustable directly from the front. (again, i need to figure a better way to secure the cover)

Couple quick snaps on the bike in pitch black. (please do not use them to judge the brightness)

BMacW650 is offline   Reply With Quote