View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 03:10 AM   #56
RDT953 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275
Noted

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDogAlberta View Post
Love it! Looking forward to more. I really enjoy when people include food and accommodation and their prices. I'd like to see the inside of some of these guest houses and bungalows.

Thanks for a great adventure so far.
Welcome and thanks for the comments. I wasn't sure how that sort of stuff would go over so it's good to get a positive comment about it. For me the food is a huge part of the trip, I love finding good quality fresh food with the special local flair as described in the Bamboo Cafe experience. That dish would command prices north of $50 a sitting in Australia and here I had it for less than a fifth of that. In Maumere I had a soto ayam from a mobile warung (chicken soup from a food cart) and a pancake filled with crunchy peanut butter and honey from the warung next door. It was all delicious and cost a measly $1.50 all up, $1 for the soup and 50 cents for the pancake with a couple of small fried bananas thrown in.

RDT953 screwed with this post 10-22-2013 at 11:52 PM Reason: spelling correction
RDT953 is online now   Reply With Quote