View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 04:26 AM   #125
CBVRacing
CBVRacing

Oddometer: 465
Last Stage

Dream Racer on its last screenings, three locations on Wednesday 23 October: Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth!

Now I could tell you the same thing and say that the audience loved Dream Racer, but I would be repeating myself...here are a few quotes from screenings in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane:

"the most inspiring film I have seen in my 50 years on this planet"
"you made me laugh, cry, and want to jump out of my seat"
...enjoyed it immensely!

Wednesday 23rd October @ 6:45pm -- this is your rendez-vous!

We have lined up some great Guest Speakers that will introduce Dream Racer at each location:

Brisbane: Christian Loghem & Stuart Ball from The Great Australian Ride (http://www.thegreataustralianride.com/).
What's so special about Christian and Stuart? Adventure, Courage, Freedom...every August a 20 days motorcycle ride across Australia from East to West raising funds for the SIDS and KIDS Qld Charity that provides Queensland families with bereavement support and services for pregnancy, neonatal, accidental or sudden loss up to six years of age and make a difference in prevention and reduction rates of loss via education, awareness and advocacy.

Adelaide: Leila Henderson -- Local Adelaide CEO and Publisher Leila is a journalist, author, public speaker, and PR practitioner with extensive senior editorial management and marketing experience. Leila is the founder of Adelaide own award-winning press release services, Newsmaker (http://www.newsmaker.com.au) and long supporter of Christophe's adventures across the globe. Q&A session at the end of Dream Racer will be hosted by Christophe Barriere-Varju, so ask away!

Perth: 7-times Women's World Marathon Swimming Champion, International Best-Selling Author, Champion Mindset, Motivation & Mental Toughness Performance Coach -- or simply to learn how to swim, our very own Shelley Taylor-Smith (http:// www.championmindset.com.au) whom you may remember her as setting a world record for a 90-kilometre swim from Sydney to Wollongong on January 17, 1995 in 12 hours 24 minutes 7 seconds. Shelley will have the pleasure of being your host for the night. Joining Shelley for the Q&A session will be Australian Dakar Racer Rob Pollard from Perth, 2010 Dakar Finisher and featured in Dream Racer.

The film – which tells the story of French Australian Business Consultant Christophe Barriere-Varju’s attempt to take on the Dakar Rally on his motorbike, and producer, writer and director Simon Lee’s efforts to document it –was received with widespread acclaim from its first Australian public audience.

Earlier this year Candide McDonald, Editor of Australian Creative magazine, dubbed Dream Racer “The motivational film of the decade”, and the reactions of audience members post-premiere echo this sentiment. Comments like “I laughed, I screamed and reinvigorated my dreams” and “a life changing movie event” are testament to the power of the Dream Racer story.

Prior to its official release, Dream Racer has enjoyed success at film festivals around the world, with wins including Best Documentary at LA’s All Sports Festival, the Human Values and Sport Award in Barcelona and runner up for Best Documentary in New Delhi. Mitchell Block, producer of academy award winning documentary Big Mama described Dream Racer as “a compelling, moving and powerful film”.

For the first time in a feature length film, Dream Racer shows the legendary Dakar Rally in its purest form – no sponsors, no multi-million dollar team, not even a mechanic – just one rider, a motorbike, a film maker and the world’s most dangerous motor race. But far more than just a motorbike movie, Dream Racer is a call to arms for anyone who has ever dreamt of doing anything – a spine tingling antidote to the fear of life passing you by unfulfilled.

Follow Dream Racer (The Film) on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/119649471401825/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that all e-tickets are pre-paid, only available online and not on location.
To see the Trailer and book tickets, visit www.dreamracer.tv

SCREENING TIMES (6:45pm) & LOCATIONS:
NSW: Ended

VIC: Ended
QLD: Brisbane - Wed 23rd October 2013 (Hoyts Sunnybank)
WA: Perth - Wed 23rd October 2013 (Hoyts Garden City)
SA: Adelaide - Wed 23rd October 2013 (Hoyts Norwood)

Please share this on your facebook and with any friends who may be interested.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials:

"I forgot about everything around me, I was just so into it"
"Thank you, it was just what I needed"
"So inspiring
“Last night I was blown away!”
“It has been a long time since I had seen such a beautiful film”
“I didn’t enjoy it, I loved it”
“What an awesome and truly inspirational film”
“Epic. What an amazing and wonderful story.”
“A beautiful life lesson”
“I was completely blown away by the quality of Dream Racer”
“Beautiful and truly inspirational”
“Very emotional”
“Fabulous”
“Loved it”
“His charisma, mental strength, and humility shows us how it is possible to achieve what we desire”
“This film is what it is because Christophe has transcended it by his will!”
“He is an example for humanity”
“Much more than just a Dakar movie”
Watched Dream Racer yesterday, it was one of the best sports (and life for that matter) documentaries I have seen. Truly inspiring."
“Truly in awe”
“This movie is making me look at my own life”
“I laughed, cried, screamed and reinvigorated my dreams”
“WOW - what a fantastic creation, it really moved me”
“I just wanted to let you know again how fantastic and brilliant I think your film is. It is realistic, gutsy and honest.”
"The intensity knocked my heart into my liver!"
The most inspirational movie I've ever seen, can't wait to see it again.”
Join Dream Racer on Facebook
CBVRacing is offline   Reply With Quote