View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #153
goldentaco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
What a blast.

I had a great time again as usual. The campfire banter was particularly entertaining and maybe a little too eye opening for our neighbors whose parents have probably completely revamped their campsite selection process...and maybe they figured out how to put up a tent.

The trip did not have any malfunctions except the night before leaving when I found my preload adjuster had shit the bed. I managed to make some spacers around 2am after figuring out how to clamp my preload piston in place to insert the spacers. 3 spacers in and ready for bed.

Heading up 108 from the Bay area MikeG and I met up with dantroop and continued up to Strawberry for lunch. We then headed west through Hells Half Acre.

MikeG en route to experience his first ADV shit-show.

dantroop sporting the X-challenge

Weeeee!

We arrived at camp to meet 1Brunoj and settle in for some lies and opinions for the evening.

Saturday MikeG, dantroop, and I decided to head up into the mountains in search of dirt and tribulations...we found both.

Taking 7n11 near the Cabbage Patch Maint Station we headed for Kings Realm and the backside of Bear Valley Ski resort.

Our mules and a field of mule ears

dantroop finally on a relaxing stretch after one of the tough sections...just one more mile then it's all easy...yeah right!

MikeG loving his new TKC80...told ya!

Oh and there were pretty trees too. This bunch looked like they were on fire.

Then we get to the tricky spot. 100yds of babyheads and 6" deep silt chewed up by the Jeeps. As you know pics don't do this justice but Chris here with a few hundred dirt miles under his belt ( much of that on this trip up to this point) managed to handle this spot well. We all more or less walked the bikes through the nasty loosies and I think his bike only got caught napping once.

That was a lot easier going down rather than up but by no means would either way be called easy.

Cruise control now as we meander through the forest and almost out to the road, we get to have fun with the berms.

A radiator inspection for Chris (dantroop) results in a sigh of relief as he finds the cap is just loose. Probably knocked loose during a bike nap. Dinner at The Mother Lode Mexican restaurant in Arnold was great, now for some Tequila and wine...

Midnight and the drunkards are sawing logs. It sounds like the Three Stooges...rediculous but the sky is clear and the view ain't so bad.

I always wondered what my moto does when I am asleep/passed out.

J

goldentaco screwed with this post 10-22-2013 at 11:42 PM
goldentaco is offline   Reply With Quote