View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #71
Motor7 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
"more likely" I can agree to that. neither of my helmets are supa dupa quiet... but by and large as helmets go they're far from the worst. (shoei qwest and rpha max) I wear them from time to time sans plugs... certainly do. but I notice there's a substantial difference with and without and there's no way I'm going to make a habit out of helmet only. I can tell better and therefore know better. doesn't take a medical degree to recognize these things. it's like shooting... if you don't wear hearing protection you will notice. but am I going to wear it hunting? no (although I know they make protection for hunting, not going to bother. ok... skip that, depends on what I am hunting and the conditions. anyway getting off subject...

I still say most people that don't wear hearing protection do so because of either stubbornness or ignorance. I am ignorant on this subject no more and while I can be a bit stubborn I prefer to do so in a less dumb-ass manner.
Duck/goose hunting, yes, deer hunting no. I know I should but I still don't wear them when shooting 22LR rifles....and I have{cough} a few.
Motor7 is offline   Reply With Quote