View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
Franck B OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
the plan, the packing

So we made a plan with Thierry. Coming from rallye we were quite ambitious. But also eager to discover, we wanted to spend time in the western, hot drier climate, in the East and its rainforests, in the north peak and its sand trails, travel through the mountains in the centre. Thierry is a racer, his heart beats for endure riding, so he put all his networking for sewing the best-fit program for all 5.

Quite early in the planning it was clear we had to go for an autonomous trip. Where wed go, no 4x4 would pass.
This meant travelling as light as it goes, all in a back pack.

Marc, Thierry and I managed to keep it to 5kg, Patrick and Antonio had 2kg more, opting for a bit more comfort.
+ each about 1kg spare parts and up to 3 liters of water in a camel bag.
My equipement list for 2 weeks was sparse: beyond the summer MX-gear (no jacket), I had: 1x MX-socks, 1x MX-gloves, 1xMX-shirt, one silk liner for the night, flippers, 2 t-shirts, 1 long-sleeve shirt, 1 "k-way"-style rain coat, 4 briefs, 1 convertible pant, 1 hat. 1 android tel./GPS. 1 compact water proof FT 25 cam. compact micro-fiber towel, minimalist hygiene kit, one bathing brief, one 3-liter camel bag.

Franck B screwed with this post 10-23-2013 at 10:54 AM Reason: addendum
Franck B is offline   Reply With Quote