View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #215
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,143
After I finished destroying 20 napkins trying to get the grease off my fingers, I cruised outside and spotted a couple dudes (followed by a couple more) checking out the Panigale. Though there are a lot of Ducatis in Portland, the only other 1199s I saw were at MotoCorsa. Stopped to chat, started talking bikes and two of the guys, it turns out, are fellow inmates (one of which had actually read part of my first R/R). What's up, Ed Zachtamundo and Ulyses? Ed had been hit by a car in Central or So America and was still recovering. Injury-not cool. Meeting a couple fellow ADVers on the streets of Portland - very cool.

While we stood there shootin' the proverbial shit, rain started coming down pretty hard, so it was off I went. I had memorized the directions back to my house, but after riding for longer than expected, realized something was wrong. Pulled in under cover and yep....my memory was right, but my compass was off and I'd gone this way instead of that way at one turn, but it all worked out. Without that mistake I never would have got this pic.

Nor would I have snapped this one, which (in the lower left portion of the photo) kind of looked like celestial nebulae mixing into a protean cocktail:

AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote