View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #146
GrizzLee OP
RubiKon Adventures

Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by theofam View Post
Grizz,

What a tale if getting the Dakar home! Whenever I read Simon and Lisa's worldwide stories in Road Runner Magazine, I'll think of Johann!

He must have been getting along pretty good when he came off to wear through the pannier like that. I still shake my head thinking how lucky he was to walk away from that one.

Keep us posted on his next scoot!
Thanks Sean... We will keep you in the loop. As a father the images of Johann standing on the side of the road with his boot and pannier, et.al. is an image that no father ever wants to see. I'll never forget it. I am so very thankful he walked away with minimal injury. The pannier and handlebars saved his bacon for sure.

One of my bike friends was out at Alyx's shop and saw the Dakar and commented as follws "I was at Alex’s shop having tires installed and saw your F650GS (minus the panniers) and I must say it looked a bit worse than the images depicted"

Johann is pretty adamant about going back up there. He wants to ride the South Canol Road and the Nahanni Range Road in the Yukon. Those are the last roads we have yet to travel on in the Yukon. Maybe next summer if his work schedule allows for it.
RR: Destination Nuxalk Nation
RR: Our Life Behind Bars
GrizzLee is offline   Reply With Quote