View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #19
visualizerent OP
Raconteur

Oddometer: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archery21 View Post
You timed this right, Viz. Great fall colors. A few questions. Are all the roads good enough for an overloaded Klr 650? How much are the rooms in Jarbidge? And finally what rear tire are you running and why that over a full knobby?
Thanks, Dwight
Good questions Dwight,...The road I described into and out of Jarbidge is perfect for an overloaded KLR! HOWEVER, I would NOT advise adventuring off the beaten path on an overloaded KLR 650(I own one too), the plentiful jeep trails in the area quickly turn steep, loose, and very rocky. Jarbidge is located down a steep canyon @ 6000' surrounded by 10,000' mountains less than 2 miles away.

"JUST STAY ON THE BLUE LINE AND YOU'LL BE FINE..."
I'll show more of these conditions beyond the blue line in the next installment.

The Outdoor Inn administers all the rooms, meals, and drinking (775) 488-2311
The 'Hotel' with bathrooms in each room is $65/ night and is located right next to the Outdoor Inn
The 'Barn' located 1/4 mile south (where we stayed) is $35/ night with bathrooms down the hall. We had the Barn all to ourselves and it was great, it could get noisy with multiple guests.

THE BARN HOTEL, JARBIDGE NV
Both places are warm, clean and well worth the price as they are the only game within 110 miles.

Loads of camping around town when it's warmer. I froze a 5 gal. jug of water solid one night. Nice during the day.

The rear meat is a Pirelli MT43 'trials' tire and a popular choice for adventure riding. They don't tear up the trails like a knobbie (required on some designated singletracks), ride and wear well on asphalt, and perform great in rocky conditions when deflated to 9-12 psi.

Juan
Nevada City
KTM 350 EXC-F
KTM 200
KLR 650
R1150RT

visualizerent screwed with this post 10-24-2013 at 11:38 AM
visualizerent is offline   Reply With Quote