My Name is Dominik, I am from Germany and right now I am on my first big trip. The country to visit: Australia.
I have one year to explore the shit out of OZ :)
My plan so far: arrive in Perth and go around Australia anticlockwise.
This will be my first ride report ever so please excuse any mistakes especially my grammar as I am not a native speaker.
Lets start with the last preparations in Germany.
The last few weeks before leaving to Australia turned out to be a bit hectic. On my list were the following things to be done:
• A motorcycle maintenance with oil changes, tire and wheel baring replacement, replacement of the chain set
• As Australia has very strict quarantine regulations there had to be an extensive cleaning of the machine
Without the front panel
• The bike had to be packed for shipment, luckily I had some help from friends and neighbors
Construction of the transport crate
Ready to go
Help from neighbour
• Obtain all necessary travel documents, including among other things a Carnet de Passage, International vehicle papers and drivers license, a health insurance
• 80th birthday from Grandpa
• My sister's wedding in Hamburg
• A visit to the doctor for vaccination and to renew my diving medical examination, after which I also had an ultrasound of my heart but everything is alright
Greetings from down under.