View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #124
Wraith Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby1 View Post
I am having this issue now myself as my step daughter is 14. We got redistricted to a crappy high school in a political war and money won as it almost always does in these matters.
But anyway she has made the best of it and wants to have transportation this summer when she turns 15 and IMHO she deserves it.

In Georgia all you need is a learners permit which you can get at 15 to ride a 49cc scooter, no MC endorsement, no tag required.

Atlanta has horrible traffic and I've had several close calls myself. That said you have to live when you can and be where you are.
You can't wait for Someday because Someday never comes and you are only young once. Yes, I can actually remember what it felt like to be young.

There would have to be rules.
1.absolutely no night riding - ever (way to many drunks and people playing with thier damn phones while driving giant SUV's)
2 full face helmet, (obvious)
3 mandatory mesh motorcycle jacket with Kimber Pepper Blaster 2 in pocket
4 no two up riding (don't want another parent to sue me)
5 I or Mother need to kown where you are ( I might track her I-phone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SxyRdr View Post
Yep, rules are a must. Donovan has very similar rules:
Gear... don't have it, don't ride.
Let us know where you are, where you're going, when you're leaving and when you get there.
No passengers.
We ever hear about shenanigans (i.e. wheelies, splitting, etc), the bike gets parked.
Wow... I always was thankful about having cool and freedom-loving parents, but only after reading posts like this I really can appreciate HOW cool and freedom-loving they are.