Originally Posted by Shoganai
This is for anyone who started riding after age 30.
I'll phrase the first question in my Mom's exact words, "WTF were you thinking?" (5 years later her opinion hasn't changed)
2. What was your first bike?
3. How do you feel about starting so late?
4. What bikes have you progressed to / thru?
ok guess I didn't play right...
1. I was thinking how I've always enjoyed "Adventure Touring" using other means than a motorcycle yet how I often looked at the motorcycle as an alternative for solo travel that would be rather fitting. If only I could get over the aspect of killing myself on one as I have a tendency to drive hard which self-awareness meant the possibility of an accident was high. cruisers have never had much appeal but they seemed the way to go to keep this in check... thankfully I never went that route as it's just not me. now I feel I should've started this y-e-a-r-s ago on "something"... but my ignorance about alternatives to chains (maintenance) and cruisers (just not my thing) along with family together concept kept me from pursuing it much.
basically I was asleep/ignorant and woke up/became aware and took the plunge.
2. on road? 09 R1200GS. it's working out pretty well so far. now I want a garage full of motorcycles. oops. must control this urge.
3. read number 1.
4. read number 2.