View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #15
Franck B OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Being relaxed and energised by this rest and nice lunch, we took off through path connecting villages, we crossed a few slippery rivers where local were washing and bathing.

I had initiated the first crash fro the group there, a hole deeper than thought to be, between two large slippery rocks at the end of the river, front wheel got caught and my bike landed sideways on the rock... bent hand guard, quickly straightened back.

The last part of the day took a completely different nature... bye-bye the scenic and quite relaxed enduro trail... we headed to more extreme things, with always raising difficulty, trails getting thinner, steeper, inclined sideways, rocks, roots, large holes and deep ruts, up to 3m deep. Lots of body work to find the necessary traction, sweat, higher rhythm... and resulting in less pictures taken..

Steep up

steep down

BTW: a well maintained bridge... always stay focussed over bridges

Antonio started boiling and getting exhausted, when he fell with his bike into a hole, bike upside down. I was behind him and helped him to kick the bike and cheer him up. He continued to fight up the mine field.
It all took an end when Thierry almost fell into a 3m deep hole, he hit a hidden tree stump, bike upside-down hanging over the hole... that was close .

Thierry showing us how not to fall in his hole:

Rest of the ride, we had some steep inclines downwards with big steps, more scenic hill trails, and a rocky dusty single trail back to the town. Itīs the place Marc chose to show his stunt-man skills when his bike flew as he hit a hidden rock while chasing and overtaking Patrick.. couldnīt stand the somewhat slower pace of Patrick. One finger thorn and a first warning

Some people breaking large stones into tiny ones and selling this building material along our trail back

So the appetitive right when we arrived back at Dar Es Salam was more than welcome:

Franck B screwed with this post 11-03-2013 at 05:13 AM Reason: pics added as promised
Franck B is offline   Reply With Quote