View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #778
black top bob
gray goat

Oddometer: 28
gravel goat

Interesting thread. When I was a teenager in the early sixties I borrowed and crashed a couple of bikes. Demolished one of them through barbed wire and a tree. Gravel road, too fast etc. No license or permits, just stupid, but fun. Then I made my own bike from parts I bolted together in 1960. It fell apart while I was riding down a highway. Hurt pretty bad Fast forward, forty years, I was 50 in 1999, and bought a 1500 Suzuki intruder (Harley envy-but no money) then a Gold Wing I put 60K on it, then two old Yamaha650's to turn into café racers, and now a Kawasaki 250 and I love this little bike, its fun to ride. I love the dirt. Man if I could have done this stuff when I was a kid, I'd probably be dead, but moto cross stuff looks great to my old ass.
Just retired from a lifetime of working shit, and I'm getting ready to ride the TAT next year ,late summer with my girl friend (unless my wife finds out).
I've been lurking on this thread for a while but I sure have learned a lot from so many interesting riders, and folks with a lot more experience than me especially in the dirt. Peace
black top bob is offline   Reply With Quote