View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #1769
Fajita Dave
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
The moment Pirellii was forced to change tires the season was over. For whatever reason, be it traction control or downforce or car configuration -- the Red Bull chewed up the old tires and other teams had a chance.
Pirelli wasn't forced to change tires; they just didn't have a choice unless you want to see exploding tires in every race.

It seems to me that all of the other manufactures need to get off their ass and start creating solutions to their problems (like Red Bull does) instead of bitching and complaining (which RB also does). Red Bull started the season with a good car but they had some close competition to deal with. In a few short weeks they seemed to sort out the performance issues and once again have the car to beat. I'm pretty sure that's how it would be even if the new tires didn't favor them.

It was the same way when the double diffuser was banned. Red Bull didn't have the fastest car at the first race. However, their engineers and money designed pieces to make a faster car (imagine that concept in F1).

I thought designing the fastest car possible within the rules is what F1 is all about. I'm a Mercedes fan but this is racing.... and Red Bull is winning for a reason.....

I'm just tired of people bitching about the fastest car winning instead of bitching about why their favorite team sucks so damn badly.

Fajita Dave is offline   Reply With Quote