View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 02:02 AM   #28
Jake Mountain
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERRIDER007 View Post
I have to say it is an awesome powerplant. The bike is really easy to ride. It is very smooth. I rode around Dobbins Air Force Reserve base briefly on a demo ride, from Mountain Motorsports in Marietta.
I agree with previous assessments and observations, although I didn't feel any heat, probably due to cooler air temps, but I did notice something weird...
This standard 1190 seemed hard to keep down in a curve, it kept wanting to come back up to upright. Hard to describe, but it gets to a certain point when leaning over, then you have to work harder to push it down into a more severe lean angle, kind of unnerving at first.

Has anyone experienced this on demo rides?

By the way if you are in the area of Marietta, go by Mountain Motorsports and see Ivan for a demo ride.

The bike is starting at $16,500 and the R $16,800 so he said.
I took a demo ride on some back roads near mooresville NC on roads I know and I did not experience what you describe. I felt the bike was easy to lean in and stay in a turn. I buzzed around where there is almost no traffic and was running between 60-100 mph most of the ride which was about 30 miles. I am 6'6" and 330 pounds so a bike that weighs 500 pounds for me is fairly light. It was interesting to go from my 11 C-14 to the KTM and back. The engine on the 1190 is just awesome, I was in sport mode with traction control off and it will lift the front wheel 1st-4th with relative ease. I found the mapping to be spot on at all speeds and the throttle by wire was fantastic. Honestly I could not imagine a better all around bike for the riding I do.