View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 06:29 AM   #11
Tuna Helper
Rawrr!

Oddometer: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by alii1959 View Post

The brace for the right footboard dragged a bit along with a bit of the frame. There is a dip there as the paving from one road joins to the other.

I didn't go down.
I did, on my CB650. A corner almost right in front of my house, I had taken it a thousand times. One time, just a little hotter than normal, hit that dip and next thing I knew I was sitting on the ground watching my bike slide across the street. It was my second get off in a week, so I stopped riding for the rest of the summer. (about a month)

I had my Road Glide down on the Dragon and ground off about 3/8" rom my right side floorboard. The guy behind me said he could hear me grinding. I think the kickstand touches down first on the other side, so I don't push it so hard on that side.

One thing I do when I ride that bike fast is I point my toes out and down a little so that they act as curb feelers and when I feel my foot touch I know that the bike is not far from touching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
When I was a kid you probably would have gotten beaten up for showing up with a helmet.
Tuna Helper is offline   Reply With Quote